Friday, May 21, 2010

Jesus Loves Me This I Know...

Jesus loves me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him Belong
They are weak, but He is strong
I remember singing this song as a child, but like most children, I 1) didn't fully grasp the meaning of the words, and 2) didn't fully know all the words. I definately didn't know what the 3rd line was for quite a while, so I just did that thing that you do when you don't know the words to a song that you should. You kind of sing through it while you sort of make up your own words until you convince yourself that what you are singing is right. Well, by me doing that, the 4th line didn't make any sense based on my messed up version of the 3rd. As a result, I totally missed the depth that the 4th line contains, even in such a simple children's song. (so i'll suppose I'll fess up and admit that I had to google the lyrics to this song, :p)
But lately, it seems that the idea (or fact) about God's strength being perfected in our weakness has been continually coming up in my life and it made me think of this song. And as I thought about it, I thought about how many times weakness seems to be accepted in "little ones" but not once we get older. But really, aren't we all little ones in comparison to God? And aren't we all his little ones? We teach that song to little children, but the message is still the same for us. We are weak, but He is strong. I know that's a great comfort to me, especially in times of weakness. I know that I can boast in my weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9) and the truth will always stand that:
Yes, Jesus Loves Me
Yes, Jesus Loves Me,
Yes, Jesus Loves Me,
For the Bible Tells Me so
Always remember that. Until next time, may the unconditional joy of the Lord continue to be your strength. Signing off with the other LOL.

1 comment:

  1. ah, shalyse! I love this. Thanks for the insight and reminder :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete