Sunday, July 26, 2015

Where have I been?

An brief update of where I've been since I last posted:

  • I graduated with my Bachelor's degree
  • Got a Master's in Animal Sciences
    • During that time I started teaching a diversity and social justice course
    • Decided I liked teaching
  • Currently doing a PhD in Curriculum Studies with a focus on Multicultural Education
A little more on how I got to here:

  • Attended an XA SALT conference and my conference track was focused on Diversity: A gospel perspective (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwMri3OCCEA)
    • More from her here: http://www.drivingdiversity.org/blog
  • Felt like God was calling me to do something about church segregation
    • I plan to focus my research on desegregating churches
Just a bit of context for some of things on my blog to make sense:

  • I grew up in a predominantly Black church but I now currently attend a predominantly White one.
  • I am an African American female if you couldn't tell from my picture. This is the perspective from which I am writing.
  • I really love Jesus
  • I really hate politics. 
  • But a lot of what I will write about has to do with the previous two.
  • Because I hate politics, and Jesus is the only hope we have, I do not align myself with a political party
  • As I wrote in the description (but I think it's worth repeating here) if you consider yourself a liberal or a conservative, you'll probably be offended by some of my posts, but I hope you will think outside of your perspective and think about mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment